Pediatric Practice is looking for an experienced insurance specialist, pediatric coding experience preferred.
The Insurance Specialist assures the current active status of insurance coverage for potentially enrolled or re-enrolled patients by confirming, documenting, and accurately communicating payer information required for all insurance billings. This position obtains insurance information and confirms benefit eligibility with the insurance carrier. Completes required forms, updates patient information on computer systems.
Education: High School Diploma required
Experience: At least one year or more of experience in a related field (front desk, insurance verification) required
- Interpersonal and communication skills are a must to communicate with patients.
- Demonstrates customer service skills to effectively deal with the patients, insurances, and employees.
- Must be knowledgeable of medical and Insurance terminology and types of policies.
- Computer literate
- Must have exceptional telephone skills
- Ability to utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve problems caused by incomplete or inconsistent information from diverse sources.
- Must be responsible, organized, and extremely detailed oriented.
- Individuals must possess strong multitasking skills and have experience with problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to sit and operate a PC for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use independent judgment and confidential and sensitive information. Discretion in working with confidential HIPAA information.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/Portuguese)