JOB SUMMARY – This position is primarily responsible for:
- Oversees and supervises all staff in their location
- Imports all demographics updates from Kiosk into EMR
- Handles all patient Portal requests by assigning them to proper departments
- Screens and interviews all potential candidates and recommends them to Practice Manager for final approval; trains new PSR’s and PSR Supervisors
- Stays aware of all ancillary departments staffing issues so that adjustments can be made to accommodate insufficient staffing situations
- Reviews personnel records to ensure completeness and accuracy including timesheets, vacations, and required vaccinations; publishes staff schedule
- Plans and direct all staff meetings and activities
- Identifies issues and problems between employees and address them in proper manner to correct issues and expedite the solving of problems.
- Follows all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and be sure the staff does the same
- Takes disciplinary action against employees when needed including written warnings and performance plans
- Seeks knowledge of computers, printers, scanners, programs and applications to be able to properly assist staff with the utilization of equipment
- Establishes and maintain effective working relationships with employees and patients
- Assigns tasks and projects to staff and ensure they are completed
- Ensure enough petty cash is available for patient transactions and process weekly deposits
- Makes sure office is organized, cleaned, and safe from any clutter
- Evaluates all staff members’ performance quarterly and annually
- Ensure all required licenses are up-to-date and posted
- Assists all prospective patients with an office tour and practice information
- Stocks all FCP advertising materials in waiting rooms and brochures holder
SKILLS / ABILITIES – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Candidate must have excellent computer skills. This entire position is a high pace environment and fully reliant upon the use of a computer.
- Must have good communication skills in English. Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling and punctuation is a must.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees and patients.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with strong personalities
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to improve processes
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities to effectively manage your time
- Communicates frequently with Physicians to ensure an efficient patient flow within the office
- Prepares monthly inventory and assess office needs as it pertains to supplies
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years Medical Office Management Experience Required
- College Level Medical Office education is preferable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
Job Type: Full-time Schedule:
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Day shift First Choice Pediatrics’ an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We are a drug free environment; employees are subject to random drug screening.